Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Cards are the basis of Cards and Castles, which are sorted by type and rarity. Cards can be acquired only through card packs and by winning tournaments.
Type[edit | edit source]
There are four variations of a card, which are spells, buildings, units, and obstacles.
Spells are cards that can produce a wide variety of effects:
- Increase Stats: Health, Attack, Movement, Range
- Damage Units/Destroy Units
- Draw cards
- Move units/buildings
- Increase/Decrease a card's gold cost
Buildings are cards that summon a construction that has a wide variety of effects. These effects are active so long as the building is not destroyed.
Some of the buildings affects are:
- Damaging units
- Increasing Stats: Health, Attack, Movement
- Enabling chain damage
- Pushing units
- Decreasing Stats: Movement
- Draws cards
- Increase the cost of enemy spells
Units are cards that summon entities that perform an even wider variety of effects.
Here are a few:
- Units can move/attack
- Units can heal other units
- Units can spawn other units
- Units can Awaken other units
- Units can deal area damage to other units
Obstacles are cards that summon a construction, but are intended to hinder the opponent. Keep in mind that these constructions can also hurt the summoner's units as well.
- Deal Damage
- Inflict Freeze
- Deal damage upon destruction
- Block off a particular area
Rarity[edit | edit source]
Rarity is determinant of how often it drops in card packs, and is a rough indicator of the cards strength.
- Basic - Indicated by the lack of an emblem. Cannot be crafted nor disenchanted.
- Common - Indicated by a grey emblem. Costs 40 shards to craft, disenchants for 5 shards.
- Rare - Indicated by a blue emblem. Costs 100 shards to craft, disenchants for 20 shards.
- Epic - Indicated by a purple emblem. Costs 200 shards to craft, disenchants for 50 shards.
- Legendary - Indicated by a gold emblem. Costs 800 shards to craft, disenchants for 200.
The shiny versions of cards can be crafted and disenchanted for more shards:
- Common - Costs 200 shards to craft, disenchants for 40 shards.
- Rare - Costs 400 shards to craft, disenchants for 100 shards.
- Epic - Costs 800 shards to craft, disenchants for 200 shards.
- Legendary - Costs 1600 shards to craft, disenchants for 800 shards.
Drop rates[edit | edit source]
Drop rates of cards from packs are the following:
- Common have a 61% drop rate.
- Rare have a 25% drop rate.
- Epic have a 10% drop rate.
- Legendary have a 4% drop rate.
Additionally, every card has a 5% chance of being shiny.