Cards are the basis of Cards and Castles, which are sorted by type and rarity. Cards can be acquired only through card packs and by winning tournaments.
Type[edit | edit source]
There are four variations of a card, which are spells, buildings, units, and obstacles.
Spells are cards that can produce a wide variety of effects:
- Increase Stats: Health, Attack, Movement, Range
- Damage Units/Destroy Units
- Draw cards
- Move units/buildings
- Increase/Decrease a card's gold cost
Buildings are cards that summon a construction that has a wide variety of effects. These effects are active so long as the building is not destroyed.
Some of the buildings affects are:
- Damaging units
- Increasing Stats: Health, Attack, Movement
- Enabling chain damage
- Pushing units
- Decreasing Stats: Movement
- Draws cards
- Increase the cost of enemy spells
Units are cards that summon entities that perform an even wider variety of effects.
Here are a few:
- Units can move/attack
- Units can heal other units
- Units can spawn other units
- Units can Awaken other units
- Units can deal area damage to other units
Obstacles are cards that summon a construction, but are intended to hinder the opponent. Keep in mind that these constructions can also hurt the summoner's units as well.
- Deal Damage
- Inflict Freeze
- Deal damage upon destruction
- Block off a particular area
Rarity[edit | edit source]
Rarity is determinant of how often it drops in card packs, and is a rough indicator of the cards strength.
- Basic - Indicated by the lack of an emblem. Cannot be crafted nor disenchanted.
- Common - Indicated by a grey emblem. Costs 40 shards to craft, disenchants for 5 shards.
- Rare - Indicated by a blue emblem. Costs 100 shards to craft, disenchants for 20 shards.
- Epic - Indicated by a purple emblem. Costs 200 shards to craft, disenchants for 50 shards.
- Legendary - Indicated by a gold emblem. Costs 800 shards to craft, disenchants for 200.
The foil versions of cards can be crafted and disenchanted for more shards:
- Common - Costs 200 shards to craft, disenchants for 40 shards.
- Rare - Costs 400 shards to craft, disenchants for 100 shards.
- Epic - Costs 800 shards to craft, disenchants for 200 shards.
- Legendary - Costs 1600 shards to craft, disenchants for 800 shards.
Drop rates[edit | edit source]
Drop rates of cards from packs are the following:
- Common have a 61% drop rate.
- Rare have a 25% drop rate.
- Epic have a 10% drop rate.
- Legendary have a 4% drop rate.
Additionally, every card has a 5% chance of being shinny.